Friday, December 25, 2020

Just my 2 cents again... writing a book

 I once had someone ask me if I could think of any well known person in the world that has made a name for themselves without having a book published at some point. I sat and thought for a while and surely everyone that I could think of have all written books. 

I remember when I was a child book writing seemed like an unreachable goal in my life. It seemed like it would cost thousands of dollars and that I would never be able to get my hands on that amount of money. However, thankfully this thing called the internet came along and leveled the playing field. I know it will still cost something but now it seems like it is within my grasp. 

I think that writing a good book is another way to brand yourself. We all have a story to tell and you never know how what you have gone through in your life will encourage someone else to continue living theirs. My pastor once said "Not everyone can hear your voice." He didn't mean because the people you are talking to are deaf but that sometimes the way we say things might not be the way the people we are talking to need to hear it. 

I know I tend to be blunt and straight to the point when I speak to people but not everyone can handle that. Sometimes I have to put some sugar on it to make it sweeter just to get my message across. I wholeheartedly believe that we don't just live for ourselves but we live to help those that we come in contact with from our children to the stranger that you say hi to as you walk by. 

I believe it was Maya Angelou that said "there is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you."

Tell your story to the world it will change someones life...

Yolanda Smalls

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blending

 One of the biggest challenge we faced as a family was blending it. I was an only child however I grew up in a large family. I was used to s...