Sunday, October 17, 2021

Blending

 One of the biggest challenge we faced as a family was blending it. I was an only child however I grew up in a large family. I was used to sharing every thing. My children didn't grow up like that. I had 2 boys and 1 girl at the time when this took place. 

My daughter was extremely upset that she had to share her room. She didn't want them around and she had no problem letting them know that. She ended up going into a deep state of depression and she started to consider suicide because of what happened. I put her in therapy because I didn't want to lose my daughter because I decided to keep the feeling together. 

Then the shut down happened and that didn't make things any better. In fact it made things worst and I began to feel like taking the 4 little ones was the biggest mistake I had made in my life. 

That was another reason I ended up in therapy. I felt like a failure. I've since learned that I most definitely am not. I am a winner in every way. Yes we all have challenges to face. If everything was easy would it be worth it. I'm glad I didn't give up because now I see the fruits of my labor. 

My daughter is now 14 (she was 11 at the time) and she plays volleyball. Within the last month she actually goes outside and plays with the 4 little ones. It brings joy to my heart to see them getting along. 

Especially since this past May the adoption was final. So what's next? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blending

 One of the biggest challenge we faced as a family was blending it. I was an only child however I grew up in a large family. I was used to s...